Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Quote of the Day (Julianne Moore, Showing Her Self-Discipline)



“I have to finish stuff. I need to get things done. I can't relax until I've done the work I know I need to do."—Actress Julianne Moore, quoted in Stephen Galloway, “There Is Nothing But Chaos,” The Hollywood Reporter, Feb. 6, 2015

For many filmgoers like me, Julianne Moore first served notice that she would be a force to be reckoned in a scene-stealing supporter role in The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992). Subsequently, she would be nominated for Academy Awards Boogie Nights (1997), The End of the Affair (1999), The Hours (2002), and Far from Heaven (2002), though she could also have been up for consideration by her fellow actors for any one of a number of other roles.

Her long-expected Oscar for Still Alice on Sunday night caps an extraordinary career. Her fierce self-discipline promises that, despite the wall that many actresses hit in an age-obsessed Hollywood, moviegoers will still see marvelous work from her in the years ahead.

No comments: