Monday, September 21, 2015

TV Quote of the Day (‘Big Bang Theory,’ With Howard, Pickup Artist)



[On a San Francisco-bound train, Summer Glau, star of TV’s Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, draws unwelcome attention from Howard Wolowitz.]

Howard Wolowitz (played by Simon Helberg): “So anyway, in the dream, you and I were ice skating, just the two of us. And then, I picked you up by your ankles and twirled you round and round until your legs tore off. I tried to stick them back on, but before I could, you turned into a giant loaf of pumpernickel bread. What do you think that means?”

Summer Glau (played by herself) (uncomfortable): “I really don’t know.”

Howard: “I’ll give you a little clue. My favorite sandwich? Salami on pumpernickel.”

Summer: “Is that so?”

Howard: “And did you know the word ‘pumpernickel’ comes from the German words pumper and nickel, which loosely translates to ‘fart goblin?’”

Summer (in “get me out of here, somebody, please!” mode): “No. I didn’t.”— The Big Bang Theory, Season 2, Episode 17, “The Terminator Decoupling,” original air date March 9, 2009, teleplay by Tim Doyle and Stephen Engel, directed by Mark Cendrowski

No comments: